We have trained 800 staff to support remote teaching and offered online training in how to work from home.
The result has been:
- 1200 Media Hopper Create uploads in Week3 March in comparison to 400 in the same week last year.
- Support calls for Media Hopper Create down on last year show that the training and guidance is good quality.
- 16-18th March 800 Collaborate sessions per day. 23rd March, 1400 sessions involving 6000 users
- Learn Logins steady each day at 4,000 logins but this is fewer than an average day when everyone is on campus. We would usually see nearer 5,000 per day.
Our academic colleagues are working hard to play their part in tackling the Corona Virus. This is one of the very good things about working in a research university. We are providing services which support research and teaching and knowledge creation and dissemination.
In LTW, we are all part of this.
We are currently:
- helping to open up content on MediaHopper to be used by NHS Lothian staff,
- helping MSc Critical Care to open up a Learn course to thousands of clinicians and creating a new MOOC.
- helping Usher Institute to create a web database of evidence based research on COVID-19 that can be accessed by policy-makers and clinicians seeking up-to-date and reliable answers to key questions.
- adapting the graphic design in chapters from the Adult Medical Emergencies Handbook to be put online.
- watching how colleagues in our UCreate Makerspace team are contributing to the effort to prototype and 3d print essential PPE.
This is important work and the university appreciates the contribution we are making.
Thank you, all.