The UCISA19 Leadership Conference will be held at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre, from 27-29 March 2019: https://www.ucisa.ac.uk/events/2019/ucisa19
Keen to make the most of being local, I encouraged all the LTW teams to submit proposals to showcase our work. We have successful projects in a number of areas where I think we are leading the sector. Our projects do not always succeed and they often end up quite different from how they began, so reflecting on this and sharing our learning with our wider IT management community is valuable. We have experiences from which others might learn, and save themselves some time and money.
We came up with potential showcases on:
- ‘Implementing successful Equality and Diversity Programmes in University IT’,
- ‘Supporting digital transformation through digital skills development’,
- ‘Lecture Recording Communications for academic engagement’
- ‘Success and impact of a Wikimedian in Residence’,
- ‘Developing a Playful Engagement Strategy’,
- ‘Developing an inclusive and enabling strategy for web and digital channels’, and
- ‘Academic Blogging’.
The two which were accepted by UCISA were:
- ‘Success and impact of a Wikimedian in Residence’
- ‘Developing a Playful Engagement Strategy.’
The other showcases are still available if there are other conferences who would like to hear more about them…..
We have also had a session accepted for LILAC 2019, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM 24-26 April https://www.lilacconference.com/lilac-2019 on ‘Embedding Wikipedia in the Curriculum’.
And one for OER 19, 10-11 April 2019, National University of Ireland, Galway https://oer19.oerconf.org/#gref on ‘Positioning the values and practices of open education at the core of University business’
Well done to all the presenters.