Follow these simple steps to set up your new blog on blogs.ed.ac.uk.
1. Go to the blogs.ed.ac.uk homepage.
2. Click on the Create a blog button. You will be asked to register for your own blogging site.
3. Click Next. This will give you a list of existing blogs you’ve already created (if any). Underneath this list is a form that will allow you to create a new blog. Fill in the fields as follows.
3. Blog Address – This is the URL or web address for your blog. Your blog address will start blogs.ed.ac.uk/ followed by what ever name you choose after the / Keep the address short, memorable and without capital letters or symbol, e.g. blogs.ed.ac.uk/academicreflections. Note Once you choose your blog address you can not change it. If you want a new address, you’ll need to set up a new blog. All the other fields below can be changed as often as you like.
4. Blog Title – this is the title that will appear in your blog’s banner once it is created.
5. Blog Description – this is the sub-title that appears under your blog’s banner.
7. Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions of Use and check the box underneath, once you have.
8. Pick a Template for your new site – there is only one template currently available, more will be available in the future.
9. Once you are happy, click on the Create Blog button. It should only take a few seconds to create your new blog.
(Playfair Architectural Drawings, CC BY, University of Edinburgh, https://images.is.ed.ac.uk/luna/servlet/detail/UoEcar~3~3~74516~209921:Dollar-Academy--Longitudinal-Sectio#)