Welcome to the Wikipedia and Wikidata workshop!
“The possibilities are endless!” – Erin McElhinney, Glasgow Women’s Library and Scottish Book Trust.
This site is designed to help you get started with the need-to-know info about Wikipedia and its sister project, Wikidata. It covers the key information you need to know and will help you prepare for activities like manual editing Wikidata, mass uploading and creating new items of data.
You will also find reference to further reading if you want to explore an area in more detail.
Email email@example.com if you’d like to learn more.
- Getting started
- Wikipedia at 17
- Why you should edit Wikipedia
- Introduction to Wikidata
- Structured, linked, open data
- Real world datasets – the Survey of Scottish Witchcraft
- SPARQL Query Basics
- Practical – Creating Wikidata lists for Women in Medicine
- Practical – Personalising a SPARQL query and mass edits
- Practical – the Mix ‘n’ Match tool
- Practical – Let’s get nautical
- Practical – adding images to Wikidata
- FAQ and Further Reading